Wednesday, May 25, 2005

To stress or not to stress...is it even a question?

My wife and I have another shower this weekend which should be nothing but a joyous time, but once again we are both feeling the stress. And that's not really what either of us is aiming for as we hit 32 weeks! The biggest issue has been handling parental schedules while my folks are in town and having debates with them about people who haven't RSVPed yet. Did they get an invitation? Are they mad at one person or another? Should we call them? And then, if they didn't get their invitation, will they think they weren't originally invited? And on and on...it's enough to cause a nervous breakdown sometimes!

Speaking of stress, today is my wife's second non-stress test. Am I the only one who think that's an odd name for a test? So, it's not a stress test? Oh it is, but not really? What does that mean? Argh! Well, it's not really that bad, but it is confusing to say the least. That's like saying, "When we go to the movies I'm going to have a non-popcorn experience." Does that mean I'm NOT having popcorn at the movies and will get something else? Or that I'm not ingesting anything at the movie? We could use a little more specificity here people!

Oh, was I ranting? Sorry about that! Just seemed like a day to blow off some steam. While every couple has spats and occasional shouting matches, I find that I'm a lot more reluctant (or perhaps just more remorseful afterwards) to engage in such things while Julie is pregnant. No one is immune, but with so many hormones being put out by both of us I think it adds just a little too much uncertainty into the mix. I'll try to watch myself more carefully over the next few weeks but, until then, I am very sorry honey for all the stuff I've said and will say up through the delivery. And, no, I'm not off my meds....honest! :)

No comments: