Sunday, May 07, 2006

Beck and Call

It's been an eventful week and I've tried to make time for an entry, but that isn't the only thing that's gone by the wayside. Actually, my last post didn't make it up on the blogger site until Wednesday because I kept getting errors when I tried to post! I guess they figured it out eventually; darn technology!

About a week ago the boy was relegated to an army crawl for getting around, but since then he's perfected the "hands and knees" crawl technique and got up on his feet with support for the first time. Now he's on his feet all the time and is even trying some sideway steps. It's funny to watch since his feet slide apart slowly and he doesn't notice until he's almost done a split. A normal adult reaction would be to readjust one of your feet and I wondered to myself why he wasn't doing that, but then I remembered that he doesn't know how!

It goes without saying that the boy is into everything and those days of putting him on the floor and expecting him to be entertained are over! He still loves the simplest toys, but he goes from toy to toy with hardly any transition. That's been made even more demanding by the fact that my wife hurt her back on Friday which left me to do all of the boy lifting this weekend. I don't mind it though since I'm pretty used to it from weekdays and I've been loosing a bunch of weight over the last few months! I dropped about 10% of what I weighed last November, so it's nice to know all that running around provided some benefits!

The highlight of the week has to be the little man saying his first intelligible sounds. He says "da da da da da" quite a lot and even some "ma ma ma ma ma" which left my wife and I tearing up. You know objectively that he doesn't know what he's saying yet, but you can see that glint in his eye that he's beginning to associate certain sounds with different objects. I think it'll be pretty cool when I can have a conversation with him, which absolutely blows my mind. To think, 10 months ago he wasn't much more than the size of a football and now he's standing up!

Well, duty calls as it's time for his feeding since I'm still at his beck and call for the time being. It's tiring, but since I know I'll miss this stage when it's gone, I don't mind one bit and am enjoying every minute of it.

7 comments:

Doug said...

It goes without saying that the boy is into everything and those days of putting him on the floor and expecting him to be entertained are over! He still loves the simplest toys, but he goes from toy to toy with hardly any transition.

Next thing you know, he'll be wanting a PS3.

;p

Anonymous said...

No, an XBox360! We're a Microsoft family. We know where our bread is buttered. We serve the master in all things. You too will be assimilated. Wait, what did I just say? ;)

Doug said...

Microsoft!!!!! Blargh!

Since I am a Linux user, I have to make fun of Microsoft...I mean...Micro$oft alot. It's what we do all day.

That and we talk about how Open Source Software is the greatest invention of Mankind, and would totally work if it weren't for corporations ruining everything.

...and I'm done.

Anonymous said...

LOL

Actually, I was admitting to being squarely under the control of Mr. Gates' empire and not being especially enamored of that fact. I wish I had the time to learn Linux and support "the little guy" but it isn't exactly at the top of my prioity list. However, Open Source would undoubtedly be a wonderful thing and I'm right there with you on your feelings about corporations.

Hey, but don't you work for a large corporation? ;)

Doug said...

He he he, I am just giving you a hard time.

Linux definitely has a learning curve, but nowadays the desktop Linuxes have improved alot. I have to admit that some of them sincerely rival Windows in terms of ease of use, and fun.

Definitely try something like Ubuntu or SuSE Linux if you can. They have Live CDs that run Linux off the CD without installing on the computer.

Unknown said...

louboutin shoes, nike roshe run, louis vuitton outlet, nike outlet, longchamp pas cher, oakley sunglasses, ralph lauren pas cher, nike air max, ray ban sunglasses, tiffany jewelry, nike free, prada outlet, christian louboutin outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, longchamp, longchamp outlet, tory burch outlet, louis vuitton, kate spade outlet, louboutin, ray ban sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, polo ralph lauren outlet, gucci outlet, burberry, louboutin outlet, replica watches, louis vuitton, louboutin pas cher, air max, louis vuitton outlet, tiffany and co, oakley sunglasses, air jordan pas cher, nike air max, polo ralph lauren outlet, uggs on sale, prada handbags, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton, ugg boots, michael kors, replica watches, chanel handbags, oakley sunglasses, ugg boots, longchamp outlet, sac longchamp, nike free, jordan shoes

Unknown said...

true religion outlet, ralph lauren uk, abercrombie and fitch, lacoste pas cher, nike air max, coach outlet, true religion jeans, ugg boots, ray ban uk, sac guess, vanessa bruno, tn pas cher, nike air max, lululemon, ray ban pas cher, replica handbags, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, converse pas cher, ugg boots, kate spade handbags, nike roshe, hollister, hermes, new balance pas cher, michael kors, coach purses, burberry outlet online, michael kors, michael kors, michael kors outlet, nike blazer, nike free run uk, nike air max, vans pas cher, burberry, michael kors, north face, north face, michael kors outlet, true religion jeans, air force, coach outlet, true religion jeans, timberland, mulberry, michael kors outlet, hogan, hollister pas cher, oakley pas cher