Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Spam, Spam, Everywhere!

At this time last week I thought the biggest issue facing my return to a less hectic life was met with everyone's favorite email treat, Spam. For the last few weeks the amount of spam accumulating in my inbox has been crazy, but now it's up to an insane level. Most of it is fake messages from eBay members, so those are easy to spot, but since I do sell on eBay I obviously have to open most of them. I'm also getting ones on themes I'm more familiar with like, "I'm the lawyer for Prince Sidar of Qatar and he'll sign over his fortune to you if you just send us $1,000" Everyone gets those, right?

Anyway, it's made life at the computer a bit more difficult that normal, but add that to the boxes we still have to unpack and I'm running behind. Oh poor little me. :) I've fallen out of touch with some folks I really wanted to keep contact with during the move and it just became impossible. Well, maybe not impossible, but certainly more difficult.

So, fortunately this post should signal the beginning of my emergence from chaos, at least from an online standpoint. We leave on Friday to visit my folks back in my hometown which we haven't visited since last December! That'll be a nice getaway I think and I'm sure the boy will love it. Hopefully, I will too!

Tomorrow I'll have some pictures (yes, I finally uploaded them) and perhaps I'll finally reveal that new blog project I mentioned before. Well, let's not get too ambitious shall we? Maybe that won't make it until we get back from our trip, but sometimes miracles do happen. Now, go out and enjoy that summertime before it's all gone.