Wednesday, February 23, 2005

A New Beginning!

Welcome to GenX Dad! Whether you came looking for my old blog or found me any other way, I request only a few paragraphs of your valuable time. Basically, I'm from Generation X and I'm going to be a Dad, so the new blog title shouldn't be that difficult to understand. My wife, who along with our baby and myself will be the major focus of this blog, is about 4 months along (or 19 weeks depending on your way of counting) and it's been a wonderful experience. Although we've had some bumps along the road and we'll probably have to get my wife's allignment checked by the time she gives birth, I'm ecstatic that I'm going to be a dad! The only problem? I have no idea what I'm doing!

Now, before you think I'm all worried and about to jump off the balcony, I'm not! WooHoo! But, suffice it to say that I've given a lot of thought to what kind of father I'll be and that's a lot to process. So, I'll be recording my observations on being an expectant dad for the next few months and continue on into the wild ride that comes with being someone's father! Yikes! That's a lot of responsibility, but I like to think I'm up to the challenge. I hope anyone who has made it this far will stay on the ride and see what the experience is really like from my GenX "child of the 80s" perspective. Feel free to respond with comments, email my posts to interested family or friends, and maybe you'll even learn something along the way....and then you can teach it to me!

Why did I decide to radically alter my old blog you ask? Oh, that was just a question in my own head? Oh, ok....but I'll answer it anyway. Basically I felt that a blog about my entire life was a bit too much to keep up with and probably of very little interest to anyone, but by focusing it on my thoughts about the baby, pregnancy, and being a dad I think I'll have better luck. So, you'll have to stay tuned to read the next exciting chapter! I'll also try to inject my perspective as a a GenXer on what fatherhood means to a new generation of dads. So if you didn't like the 80s and 90s in general or don't like to read about pregnancy and fatherhood you probably won't find this blog of much interest. However, I invite you to take me up on my free trial offer and update your bookmark to this blog's new site: http://genxdad.blogspot.com.

That's enough for now; don't you just hate these introductory statements? I know I do! Next time we'll start those little nuggets of wisdom, ok? Good deal! And for those of you interested in what came before this blog but just can't wait, the archives of my old blog are available in the links to the right. That's your right, not mine. :)

No comments: