Friday, February 25, 2005

Weekend with Friends

A short entry will have to suffice for my first "real" post. I spent the day cleaning the house before the arrival of our friends and their daughter who was born last October. It's our first experience being around a baby for an extended period of time in our own home. We're excited and will probably get a very good idea of what a baby's sleep schedule is like.

The other news of the day is that my wife has to start taking insulin for gestational diabetes. She was diagnosed a little over a week ago at 18 weeks and the doctor gave her a blood sugar monitor. Most women who get GD don't get a diagnosis until 28 weeks. So, after a week of testing and keeping a chart they decided to go for the insulin. My wife has PCOS so we always knew it could happen. We're obviously concerned, but we also know they have lots of ways to monitor both her and the baby. The worry is that the baby will get too big and have to be delivered early. I just hope we can at least make it to 36 weeks, but I'm amazed at the things they can do nowadays.

That's it for now...until next time!

No comments: