Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Catch 22?

I sat down to write a post thinking I was updating pretty soon after my last one. However, after noticing the date it's actually been another 2 weeks! The amount of time that passes when you have a little one is quite something, although it is time well spent. Regardless, as someone suggested in a comment, I'm going to stop apologizing and just write entries!

The boy is nearly ready to walk on his own! He's been pushing a "cart" of sorts around the living room and doing laps around the dining room table. (I should note that in our apartment the term "room" is used very loosely) He's also reaching for things and "falling" towards them to catch himself, so we know the first steps are right around the corner. From the day he was born he's done things at his own pace which I see no reason to rush or change. I think he's going to be an independant minded person like his mommy.

Tonight I'm feeling really tired for some reason and hope I'm not coming down with anything. I am a REALLY bad sick person...Lots of moaning and complaining. However, I'm more mentally tired than anything, which I didn't expect to happen spending all day with a 13 month old. I do try to challenge him in some small way every day. For example, when we transitioned from bottle to sippy cup we still fed him the same way to make the change less sudden. Slowly he's been getting the idea that he can hold the cup and that if he tilts his head back he can get more out. Well, today I just put him in the highchair and gave him his cup. He stared at it and then me a few times, but after a minute or so he got the idea.

I often wondered if I'd dwell on things he doesn't do anymore as he gets older like feeding him. I find that I do to some extent, but it really is outweighed by excitement at what he's going to learn next. Perhaps that's the teacher in me. Speaking of, I want to try and teach him Spanish over the next few years and figured before he was born that the best way to do that was to learn it myself. So, I probably should start doing that! :) I'm not going to be showing him flashcards like Rick Moranis' character in Parenthood, but a few words as he learns to speak should be fun and I have a feeling that by the time he grows up Spanish will be a lot more prevalent than it is today...and it's already come a long way.

Have I mentioned that Brady talks to himself before he goes to bed? No, it's a good thing! Really! He's able to soothe himself to sleep which is a GREAT thing. Either that or he's gone completely "bat shit" insane (I love that phrase), but I think you'd to have achieve sentience before you can go crazy, right? Wow, another Catch-22! Or would that be Catch 4? Catch 44? Catch Zero? Hmm... ;)

3 comments:

Doug said...

I think it's a Catch-11, but what do I know?

Tonight I'm feeling really tired for some reason and hope I'm not coming down with anything. I am a REALLY bad sick person...Lots of moaning and complaining.

Heh, I am sure your wife enjoys that.

I can't wait to enjoy the kinds of things you're discovering with your son. We're looking forward to all the joys and tears that go with parenting. :D

Unknown said...

true religion outlet, ralph lauren uk, abercrombie and fitch, lacoste pas cher, nike air max, coach outlet, true religion jeans, ugg boots, ray ban uk, sac guess, vanessa bruno, tn pas cher, nike air max, lululemon, ray ban pas cher, replica handbags, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, converse pas cher, ugg boots, kate spade handbags, nike roshe, hollister, hermes, new balance pas cher, michael kors, coach purses, burberry outlet online, michael kors, michael kors, michael kors outlet, nike blazer, nike free run uk, nike air max, vans pas cher, burberry, michael kors, north face, north face, michael kors outlet, true religion jeans, air force, coach outlet, true religion jeans, timberland, mulberry, michael kors outlet, hogan, hollister pas cher, oakley pas cher

Unknown said...

pandora charms, louis vuitton, louis vuitton, ugg pas cher, toms shoes, doudoune canada goose, moncler, pandora jewelry, ray ban, gucci, canada goose, supra shoes, louis vuitton, canada goose uk, hollister, barbour jackets, bottes ugg, moncler, replica watches, barbour, thomas sabo, canada goose, converse, converse outlet, moncler, juicy couture outlet, louis vuitton, canada goose, moncler outlet, moncler, canada goose, moncler, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, swarovski, montre pas cher, pandora charms, marc jacobs, links of london, juicy couture outlet, moncler, swarovski crystal, karen millen, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, canada goose outlet, canada goose outlet, lancel, wedding dresses, pandora jewelry, moncler, ugg boots uk, sac louis vuitton pas cher, coach outlet