Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Under the Weather

The apartment has been a bit of a clinic the last week or so with all three of us getting sick at various times. My wife had a cold which I got and am still getting over while the boy has a rotavirus and the cold at the same time. For most families this is pretty much par for the course and I'm not really complaining, but as a stay at home kid he's been sick very rarely. So, when he began vomiting up every meal last week we were understandably concerned. In some ways it's good for the boy to have some illness since it helps build immunity, but it's not like you'd take your kid to a mall and ask other people to sneeze on him!

After about a week of Pedialyte and Cheerios for most of his meals, he's getting back on track and my wife re-introduced some regular food last night at dinner. During the worst of it the boy was so listless which is so not like him and probably why we were alarmed by his symptoms. The kid is always happy! People regularly ask us, "Is he always like this or does he really like me?" I'm a "honesty is the best policy" type of person, but lately I've wondered if it might make them feel special if I said, "No, he must really like you!". Actually, I think it's both. He's happy by himself, he's happy with us, and he's happy with everyone he meets!

Well, I better go get the boy his lunch of ...you guessed it! I'm trying to shake my own cold and keep waking him up with my latest coughing fit. Hopefully we'll all be back to 100% by the end of the week so we can celebrate Easter and the coming of spring. It's about time!

No comments: