Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Time Away

When I was logging in I noticed that it has been quite awhile since I posted: February 20th! Yikes! I knew it had been a few weeks, but I honestly didn't think it had been that long. I had this great plan to post more often and on more interesting topics and obviously that didn't work out like I expected. I want to post, but I think making these grand plans isn't really working.

Recently, I was reading through another blog and the owner was trying to decide whether or not he should split his blog into two different ones. His logic was that he had two very different threads of thoughts to explore and thought keeping two blogs might be easier. I may be remembering incorrectly, but I think he also said he had tried it once before and it hadn't been as successful as he'd hoped. I know I am getting those details a little off, so please don't quote me on that! Anyway, he asked the readers which way he should go and I voted to keep the blog one unified blog and wrote that it wasn't really necessary since I liked the different topics all rolled into one.

Now, I'm not making a particular comment on what he should do since it's his blog since I want him to do whatever strikes his fancy, but I'm beginning to think that we bloggers worry too much about organization, fancy names, focus points, etc. When I think about my own blog I wrestle with all these issues, but as a reader I love the hodgepodge, potpourri, whatever you call it makeup of blogs that take all kinds of twists and turns. So, what's the point? I think I've spent too much time thinking about what I'm going to write rather than actually writing! Or I post pointless stuff like this post!

Regardless, I'm going to go back to posting about things that occur to me, updates on the family (I have a few ready to go!), and all that fancy jazzy stuff. I'm back baby!

P.S. What happened to my profile picture!?!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We just got tired of looking at your mug ;)

Seriously though...I do think you think awfully hard about what to write. I view a blog like a diary. I just write what comes to mind. Granted it's not private. Sometimes I wish I had a 'private blog' that others couldn't read. But for now I just write. While we'd all like to write things that are profound I think the majority of blogs are about mundane everyday things and that's totally ok. It's nice to know what we have in common with others.I think in some regard that's how we truly connect with others.

My $.02 ;)

Unknown said...

true religion outlet, ralph lauren uk, abercrombie and fitch, lacoste pas cher, nike air max, coach outlet, true religion jeans, ugg boots, ray ban uk, sac guess, vanessa bruno, tn pas cher, nike air max, lululemon, ray ban pas cher, replica handbags, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, converse pas cher, ugg boots, kate spade handbags, nike roshe, hollister, hermes, new balance pas cher, michael kors, coach purses, burberry outlet online, michael kors, michael kors, michael kors outlet, nike blazer, nike free run uk, nike air max, vans pas cher, burberry, michael kors, north face, north face, michael kors outlet, true religion jeans, air force, coach outlet, true religion jeans, timberland, mulberry, michael kors outlet, hogan, hollister pas cher, oakley pas cher

Unknown said...

ralph lauren, hollister, ghd, north face outlet, nike air max, birkin bag, celine handbags, vans shoes, chi flat iron, new balance, iphone 6 cases, iphone 6s plus cases, instyler, nike huarache, louboutin, beats by dre, timberland boots, bottega veneta, mac cosmetics, longchamp, babyliss, baseball bats, ipad cases, lululemon, s5 cases, asics running shoes, hollister, oakley, jimmy choo shoes, iphone 6 plus cases, valentino shoes, iphone 6s cases, soccer jerseys, abercrombie and fitch, herve leger, mcm handbags, insanity workout, reebok shoes, soccer shoes, hollister, ferragamo shoes, nike air max, p90x workout, iphone cases, giuseppe zanotti, nike trainers, vans, mont blanc, iphone 5s cases, nike roshe, wedding dresses, north face outlet, nfl jerseys