Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Happy Birthday/Rest In Peace K.C.

I was about to call it a night when I saw that Kurt Cobain would have turned 40 years old today. My brother is only a couple years older than he would have been, so it's not like the greying of Generation X hasn't been in my mind. However, when you think of an infamous figure like Kurt Cobain being an age that I remember my father being (I was 10), it makes you do a double take to say the least. I remember one day over ten years ago being witness to a discussion on whether Nirvana's music would hold up and be regarded as one of the best bands of all time. I feel wholly unqualified to offer an opinion there, but I remember both sides being at completely opposite ends. In the end it was probably due to the fact that one of these individuals worshiped Nirvana and the other hated them with a passion. However, I'd be interested to know what each of them would say now, especially on K.C.'s 40th birthday. Whatever your feeling on him or the band, I add my approval of the overwhelming message on the net: We wish his daughter Frances Bean a peace her father never experienced.

4 comments:

Doug said...

Ha! Gen-X indeed. I grew up here in Seattle during the Grunge Era, and have always been a Grunge fan to this day, but ironically I was never a Nirvana fan. It was just too depressing (but I always liked "Lithium").

I always loved Pearl Jam (until they went Adult Contemporary and all P.C.) and Alice N' Chains (until the lead singer died).

So all that's left for me is Stone Temple Pilots, I am listening to as we speak.

Jeannie said...

Just doing a quick stop by to say hi. Hope you're doing well!

Unknown said...

true religion outlet, ralph lauren uk, abercrombie and fitch, lacoste pas cher, nike air max, coach outlet, true religion jeans, ugg boots, ray ban uk, sac guess, vanessa bruno, tn pas cher, nike air max, lululemon, ray ban pas cher, replica handbags, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, converse pas cher, ugg boots, kate spade handbags, nike roshe, hollister, hermes, new balance pas cher, michael kors, coach purses, burberry outlet online, michael kors, michael kors, michael kors outlet, nike blazer, nike free run uk, nike air max, vans pas cher, burberry, michael kors, north face, north face, michael kors outlet, true religion jeans, air force, coach outlet, true religion jeans, timberland, mulberry, michael kors outlet, hogan, hollister pas cher, oakley pas cher

menna said...

فرسان العرب
شركات مكافحة الحمام الرياض
افضل شركة مكافحة حمام الرياض