Thursday, February 01, 2007

I'm Sorry, What Was I Saying?

Tonight is the first time I've felt able to stop since the beginning of the week, more mentally than physically. My class started on Monday and everything is going smoothly, but there's always a lot of busy work to be done. Answering student questions about access to the course materials, formats for their assignments, testing me to see what kind of teacher I am. It's all pretty straightforward, but it seems to fry my brain pretty well by the end of the day.

The boy has been very expressive this week (another thing keeping me busy) and seems to be grasping emotions like love, comfort, and safety. He's had happiness, joy, and squealing down pat for awhile. Squealing isn't exactly an emotion, but when he belts one out it's distinctly different than the other two. His new word for everything, from Bert & Ernie, to pictures of animals, and of course our feline is "gitty-GAT". He seems to go through cycles where he's constantly saying one word at a time. The kid is so frickin adorable.

You know, I think I've been kind of shuffling along in this blog, not really having a clear focus and I end up talking about how tired I am. It's not exactly an exciting read as a result, although it has been cathartic at times which is only a good thing. I guess I'd like the blog to be about something but I don't know what that is. I started this blog with the intention of writing about a new phase of my life and it certainly has been one. So, where does that leave me?

It's not like I thought I'd have daily flashes of brilliance about being a dad, especially since it doesn't work like that. To be honest, I'm really not sure what I thought! Well, it seems like I may have discovered a thread to follow there. :) I've also wanted to fit in my thoughts and feelings on Buddhism somehow, but I haven't been making the time to learn more about it myself. That's definitely another thread. Interesting...we'll see where this goes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What helps me tremendously is trying to squeeze in some blog reading daily. It's amazing how interested I am in the lives of others. I enjoy reading blogs from folks who are at the same stage of life that I am. Often though reading their posts inspire me to write mine.

Doug said...

You'll find your direction. My first 6 months or so of persistent blogging ended up really going nowhere, but after a while I kinda figured out what works and what didn't.

You do have to be yourself. You have to write about what interests you, and eventually like-minded people will show up.

Good luck!

Unknown said...

true religion outlet, ralph lauren uk, abercrombie and fitch, lacoste pas cher, nike air max, coach outlet, true religion jeans, ugg boots, ray ban uk, sac guess, vanessa bruno, tn pas cher, nike air max, lululemon, ray ban pas cher, replica handbags, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, converse pas cher, ugg boots, kate spade handbags, nike roshe, hollister, hermes, new balance pas cher, michael kors, coach purses, burberry outlet online, michael kors, michael kors, michael kors outlet, nike blazer, nike free run uk, nike air max, vans pas cher, burberry, michael kors, north face, north face, michael kors outlet, true religion jeans, air force, coach outlet, true religion jeans, timberland, mulberry, michael kors outlet, hogan, hollister pas cher, oakley pas cher