Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Snowy Days

Ok, ok...I know this post is a week late, but I have excuse...I mean, reasons! Yeah, that's it! That's the ticket! All kidding aside (well, at least for the remainder of this sentence), it has been a busy week as I start teaching a class next week and am getting all my prep done as early as I can. I taught the same course last spring, so I'm in much better shape than when I started from scratch back then. However, it's always nerve wracking to have 20 or so students looking to you to guide them to no less than a C after it's all said and done.

I also must report that my beloved New England Patriots were bounced from the playoffs on Sunday, but the 3 Super Bowl trophies they've won over the last 5 years does offset some of the pain. ;) While many fans are lamenting the loss and ready to break up the team, the team improved from its results in 2005 and with so many teams vying for two spots in the big game you have to be happy with getting to the final four. There's always next year!

The pictures in this post are from December and I had plenty of shots from which to choose. While the boy was around for the previous winter, his first real encounter with snow came with a visit to my parents. They live about 1,600 feet higher in elevation than where we live, so they had a good amount of the white stuff to do some sledding. I basically pulled him back and forth in the street and he had a grand old time as you can probably tell in this last shot.

Speaking of snow, we're already making up for all that we missed in December and the beginning of January. Driving has been a challenge for my wife on her way to work as the lake effect snow machine is really cranking it out. As I predicted a few posts ago, I'm very glad it's here actually as my allergies were driving me nuts. The skiers are loving this weather no doubt and hopefully we'll get the boy back on the slopes (at least the ones on my in-law's lawn) before it melts.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

louboutin shoes, nike roshe run, louis vuitton outlet, nike outlet, longchamp pas cher, oakley sunglasses, ralph lauren pas cher, nike air max, ray ban sunglasses, tiffany jewelry, nike free, prada outlet, christian louboutin outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, longchamp, longchamp outlet, tory burch outlet, louis vuitton, kate spade outlet, louboutin, ray ban sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, polo ralph lauren outlet, gucci outlet, burberry, louboutin outlet, replica watches, louis vuitton, louboutin pas cher, air max, louis vuitton outlet, tiffany and co, oakley sunglasses, air jordan pas cher, nike air max, polo ralph lauren outlet, uggs on sale, prada handbags, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton, ugg boots, michael kors, replica watches, chanel handbags, oakley sunglasses, ugg boots, longchamp outlet, sac longchamp, nike free, jordan shoes

Unknown said...

true religion outlet, ralph lauren uk, abercrombie and fitch, lacoste pas cher, nike air max, coach outlet, true religion jeans, ugg boots, ray ban uk, sac guess, vanessa bruno, tn pas cher, nike air max, lululemon, ray ban pas cher, replica handbags, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, converse pas cher, ugg boots, kate spade handbags, nike roshe, hollister, hermes, new balance pas cher, michael kors, coach purses, burberry outlet online, michael kors, michael kors, michael kors outlet, nike blazer, nike free run uk, nike air max, vans pas cher, burberry, michael kors, north face, north face, michael kors outlet, true religion jeans, air force, coach outlet, true religion jeans, timberland, mulberry, michael kors outlet, hogan, hollister pas cher, oakley pas cher